Thursday, August 19, 2010

At the tip of your toes . . .

So here it is. This day I've been waiting for begins in just a short 36 minutes. There isn't any turning back. It is time for me to live in the moment, with no regrets.

Just a few short months ago I wrote a blog about all my friends graduating - how tough it was to see them all walk across the stage and receive their diploma while I just sat and watched. Tomorrow, I move to school for the last time, for my Senior year. Sitting at dinner tonight, I told my father how weird it was that I was actually moving out to school for my Senior year - how I NEVER thought this day would come. Just about 5 years ago I began my college career, I remember sitting in the car while it was pouring raining dreading the thought of moving to college. Tonight I sit here, I wouldn't say dreading the thought of moving to college, but rather unsure. Who knows what this year will bring! When I headed West this time 5 years ago, I can guarentee you I didn't think what has happened over the past five years would have happened.
Tomorrow brings about a lot of different emotions. I'm scared and sad: This is the first year I'm there without the kids I entered school with. Without my roomates from the past two years. Without some of the people who have become more like family, my better halves. I'm stressed because my life sits in boxes and bags and crates downstairs and I know I should have loaded the car tonight but didn't. Instead, I went to see my cousin who in just 5 short days will close a chapter of her life when she moves out of the house her and her husband first bought together. I'm anxious because this is a new beginning. I know that sounds rediculous but this is the first time I'm doing this alone, without the people I am MOST comfortable with. I'm excited because the road to get me to my Senior year of college has been a long one; one that is written all over me through the scars and marks on my body. Thats right, the marks on my body tell my story - who I am and why I am the way I am. Why are they called "scars"? That word has such a negative sound to it. Regardless, I "made it" if you will. This year is MY year! I need to push aside all these other random emotions and just be happy. Happy that I'm a Senior! Happy that I have the memories of the past 5 years! Happy with who I am! . . . you get the idea!
So, here's to tomorrow. May this school year be the best yet!

1 comment:

G said...

Cheers!!
Life is one adventure after another - put on your seatbelt and enjoy the ride. Believe it or not, these are some of the best days of your life!! Love you lots,
AG