Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer getaways . . .

Its been a longg summer for my whole family. We all took vacations, with the exception of my father, in June to Florida. C and myself went to Florida with my cousin and a friend. We had an absolute blast and I miss it like crazy. Just a few weeks later my mom and sister K took a trip with their friends to a different part of Florida. It was while they were down there that I decided to have my surgery. And since then it seems as though the summer has been thrown into fast forward.

After my return home from the hospital I begged and begged my parents to go down the Cape. My grandmother owns a house down here and I've been coming every summer since I was only a month old. If we didn't make it down this weekend I wouldn't have come and spent a weekend all summer. We came down Saturday afternoon but the weather was a little crappy so we hung around the house, had dinner, and then went for ice cream. Yesturday, my aunt and uncle came down for the day. We went out to breakfast, to the beach, out to dinner, and then to my other aunt's house. Today I'm planning on lying around the house and reading my book. I just want to relax! Lately, whenever I try to relax, I end up thinking about WAY too much. Atleast today, I'll have a book in front of me to keep my mind busy.

I'm still in pain from my surgery and it's getting rediculous. They told me that recovery would take up to 2 weeks and my surgery was a MONTH ago yesturday. It's about time I start feeling back to normal. Doc said that if I'm not better by Tuesday (tomorrow) he wants to do a "pouch-scope." It doesn't sound too exciting but, I'll be honest, I want it done. I want to know why the 20 pills I'm taking, the 2 tbsps of salt water I'm drinking, and the 3 suppositorys I'm doing ARE NOT WORKING. I want the pain to go AWAY. I'm done with it. I know it sounds gross, but going the bathroom is literally exhausting for me. I just want to crawl in bed after. Atleast while I'm asleep I don't feel as much pain. Although, it's a pain in the ass itself for me to fall asleep lately. So, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my body rids itself of all this pain.

Along with dealing with this pain, I feel like I've been in a state of depression. Like I said in my last post, I'm not returning to school this fall. If I was, I would be moving in to school right now, instead of sitting in my Cape house typing here. Anyway, C is having a blast at school and I'm extremely jealous. It doesn't help that she throws things in my face. Here is what happened:

C came down with us on Saturday but went home with my aunt and uncle last night. Last night was the first night I would have ever slept in our room down here without her - it was weird but she wanted to go back to school. I can't blame her but I must say, I'm extremely envious of her. I had a really tough time adapting to the college life my freshman year and we all expected her to be the same way, if not worse. Well, she wasn't!! And believe me, I am so happy for her but a part of me gets aggrivated with it. I'm not really sure why and it drives me up a wall. C tends to throw a lot of things in my face. And when she came home Friday night, just like I expected, she threw it in my face that I had a rough time adapting and she hadn't. Keep in mind that I was twice as far from home as she is, I went to school not knowing anyone where as she does know some people, and I was forced to stay at school for the first two weeks and didn't have any guests. She moved to school last Saturday and: A: my mom went to bring her stuff on her third day there. B: She has already had friends up to see her twice, if not more. and C: my mom let her come home because "we haven't been to the Cape all summer and she will be mad if we don't let her come!" WHATEVER!

I still wish I was going back to school, and I can't wait until January!!!


I'm still believing in that stupid Jonas Brothers song:

"Just a little bit longer, and I'll be fine . . . "

All I have to say is a little bit longer better come, and come FAST!

No comments: