Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Relaxation is key . . .

Today has been one of the best days in awhile.

I was up really late last night watching The Secret Life of an American Teenager with one of my friends. I usually watch it at 8pm but he had called me and asked me to wait and watch it at midnight with him. So I did! I love that show. But it was the season finale, and they ended it quite rediculously. I was surprised with this show though. I thought it would have a lot of people against it because although there are many teenage pregnancies in today's society no every teenager gets pregnant while in high school. Regardless, its a good show.

Because I was up so late I slept in and it was FABULOUS! I don't do much during the day anyway but man was it nice to just lay in bed all morning. I finally got up and did the dishes then got back into bed. I had to pick up my little sister at school so around 12:15 I got in the shower. I got ready and picked her up. Then we went to Subway and had lunch, then to the grocery store so that I could get groceries to make tonight's dinner.

My exciting news this week came from my NP last night. I had sent her an e-mail because she wants to keep up on how I was feeling. In the e-mail I told her how I was feeling, asked her a few questions about my meds, and then asked her about my diet. She replied with what seemed like a to-do list and the last thing said to call my dad and have him make reservations at my favorite local steakhouse, so that I could have the Prime Rib I was craving in the hospital because: I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT. To be honest, I always had to draw a line at specific foods and now I have no idea what my limits are. I'm a little nervous but from here on out it is trail and error.

Even better news is that my aunt who works at the nursing home we recently moved Nana into said she is doing well. It was so good to here.

Anyway, I know this blog was shorter than normal but I was bored and wanted to let you know about my food news =) I'm so excited

1 comment:

G said...

Yay for steak! Now we can make dinner plans!!!!

Love, AG