Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Me, A TEACHER?!

Well okay, so technically I'm still not a teacher. I was hired yesterday as an ISS in a town close to home. I had submitted my resume two, or three, weeks ago and hadn't heard anything. Then yesturday morning I woke up to my mom telling me there was someone from this particular school on the phone looking to speak to me.

When I answered the phone, she asked if I was still interested in the position and wanted to come in for an interview at 12:45. I said that was fine but was wondering if I could do anything earlier. She told me to come in any time in the morning and then asked if I was willing to start that morning for a trial day. She asked me to arrive at the school by 8:30. Let me remind you that to answer this phone call my mom had to wake me up and that was at 8:00.

So I arrived at the school and spent the day substituting a 4th grade classroom. It went really well until "Brief Break." On the teachers lesson plan for the day it said "Brief Break - you take the students outside with the other 4th graders." So at 2:00 I lined up my classroom and we filed outside. When I was in the hall way one of the teachers came up to me and thanked me. It wasn't until I got outside that I understood why I was being thanked. I had the ENTIRE 4th grade outside by myself. Not to mention, no one told me that the doors locked when they closed. Therefore, not only was I outside with the entire 4th grade BY MYSELF; but we were LOCKED OUT!!! WONDERFUL!

All in all, the day went really well and I had a blast. I can't wait to go back on Friday.

No comments: