Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who knows . . .

This is rediculous. Just when you think it's over something else slips up that sets you back again. I'm sick of always being sick. Everyone at school tells me that I am always complaining and when I say I dont feel well the typical response is "K, you NEVER feel well." So okay maybe I dont always feel so hot but then again no one at school as been put through what I've gone through. Not to toot my own horn but I don't think any of them would have been able to deal with it the way I have and walk out in the end with a smile. No matter how I'm feeling I typically try to keep a positive attitude when I'm around others. It is when I'm alone that it really gets to me; I feel like I'm some sort of freak - that I will never be normal.

Sunday morning I woke up not feeling too well. I brushed it off, per usual. When I woke up Monday morning feeling worse, I knew something was up. I had a migraine, stomach pains, a stuffy nose, and the worst sore throat you could ever imagine. Originally I thought I had the flu, maybe pouchitis which only those who have had my surgery can get. I called my surgeon and have an appointment with him tomorrow morning. When Tylenol wasn't helping my headache and sore throat I called Mom. She said to call my Pediatrician as well. I did and they made an appointment for me for last night at 6:20. After the nurse saw me she did bloodwork and discovered I was positive for mononucleosis. GREAT! What else could I get at this point? She told me the worst of it is typically the first 5 to 7 days. Can I just tell you that the next 7 days are my last days of classes and then I have finals. This couldn't have happened at a better time, let me tell you.

On the other hand, I have by far the BEST boyfriend in the world. My Dad even likes him, when my Dad likes someone, you know they are a good person. The other day he showed up at my house without me to do some yard work for my parents. My mom asked him if I was with him and he said no she doesn't even know I am here. He then proceeded to text me and tell me that he was at a customer's house who had a "beautiful daughter" and maybe if the customer liked him the daughter would too. Typical me thought he was at his regular customers house and flipped out. When I found out he was talking about me I felt extremely guilty. Later that day, my Dad texted me saying he did a wonderful job on the yard and that "Puppy would really like him - a real hard worker." Puppy is my late grandfather who both my father and I miss terribly. It meant a lot to me when he said that. Today he drove from school to come see me. He changed the head light in my car and went with me to get an inspection sticker. As of right now, hes definitely a keeper and I couldn't ask for anyone better. I like you alot honey =)

Well I'm off to go rest. If my mom comes up here and finds me on my computer shes gunna get angry. Have a good night everyone!

3 comments:

Uncle Billy said...

Hang in there. You're tough enough.

And, was it the same headlight?

G said...

You have earned the right to complain. Always remember this: those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

I love you and hope you feel better, someday!!!!

And, um, when are UG and I going to meet this BEST BF???? I do believe you need our stamp of approval along with the Deputy Chief and his late Father.....LOL.

Kate said...

It was the other headlight =(